To connect tot your inner power, you first must be comfortable to with yourself. In our busy lives, we forget to stop and appreciate ourselves.
You cannot serve others from an empty cup and you cannot empower yourself if you don’t even like what you see.
Mirror gazing is one of the hardest practices to get comfortable with but one of the most powerful practices to include in your self-love, self-care practice. Note that this is a practice – not perfection! It’s something that requires frequent visitation and a continued effort.
What you will need: A mirror and an open intention.
Amount of Time: Minimum of 10 minutes (set a timer in the beginning so that yo’re not distracted)
- Sit or stand tall in front of a mirror.
- Close your eyes and take a few cleansing/grounding breathes – 4 counts in/4 counts/out. Continue until you feel very calm and relaxed.
- Slowly open your eyes and stare deeply into the mirror. Focus on your own eyes.
- Bring your palms together at heart centre.
- Tell yourself “You are Enough. You are Divine. You are loved. I love you just as you are.” (feel free to add to this but don’t take these out).
- Continue to look into your eyes, especially if you find this uncomfortable.
- Allow emotions to come to the surface. Honor them. Tell yourself it’s okay to express that emotion.
- Tell yourself how proud of yourself you are and recognize any struggles you’ve overcome.
- Repeat “You are Enough. You are Divine. You are loved. I love you just as you are.” (feel free to add to this but don’t take these out).
Once you’ve completed this ceremony to yourself, treat yourself to a cup of herbal tea or a special bath. You deserve it! I’m proud of you.