Affirmation = a statement spoken or written, repeated, to encourage, empower, and uplift the individual using them.
What we think we become and our everyday reality is a direct result of our thoughts. Why not choose to make it full of love, light and Divinity?
We literally have the power to create our reality. How Divine is that?
Now before we go any further, here’s a caution for you. This takes focused practice and it’s not about judging our ‘inability’ to shift from our current state into a new state. Negative thoughts will always be there, just remain open and receptive to the thoughts and reminders that you set in your affirmations and you’ll remain on the path for success.
How can you set an affirmation?
- Ask yourself what you wish to attract or be in your life. Sit quietly and wait for those whispers to raise up or think about someone you admire or is a mentor to you, ask what about them do you admire and then use those characteristics as the key to your new affirmation.
- Once your decided on your affirmation, write it down. As you write, speak it outloud. These should be direct and present statements. For example, instead of saying “I want to attract my soulmate” say “I am attracting my soulmate”. Instead of “I want to love myself more” say “I love myself deeply”.
- If you’re struggling with designing your affirmation(s), do a brain-dump. Write out full sentences or words that resonate with you and/or how you are currently feeling. Do this for 10 minutes. Once your finished, look at what you wrote and circle any major or reoccuring words, use one or two of those words in a short sentence as your affirmation.
- Keep these affirmations near your bed and read them every morning (or evening). Put them on notes around your house, in your car, or at your desk at work. Set a reminder on your phone to remind you during your day.
If you’re really stuck, here are some suggestions:
- I am Beautiful.
- I am Divine.
- I am enough.
- I readiate success.
- I embody the Goddess.
- I am manifesting abundance.
- Others find me sexy and desirable.
- I see the Divine within me and all others.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness.
- I let go all that no longer serves me.
- My body is healthy and full of energy.
- I have the power to create change.
- I am a superhero.
When you’re searching for ways to love yourself, looking within is a great place to start.